January 29, 2015
We warmly invite you to our pregnancy and infant loss support group meeting tonight, from 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. at the Parish House of the United Church on the Green.
323 Temple Street
(corner of Temple Street & Wall Street)
New Haven, CT. 06511
There is free parking in the Yale lot across the street from the Parish House or in the Parish House parking lot off of Wall Street.
We hope to see you tonight- all are welcome to attend.
January 26, 2015
Cancelled meeting TONIGHT:
Due to the impending snow storm, our New Canaan support group meeting scheduled for tonight is cancelled. If you would like one-on-one support, please contact our Program Director, Melissa, at email@example.com. Please be safe today and stay warm these next few days. Wishing you all peace today and always.
January 12, 2015
The Hope After Loss Executive Board is very excited to announce the opening of the position for Executive Director. We invite qualified individuals to send a statement, resume, and three letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to adding a new, motivated, staff member to our team!
Executive Director (Part time position)
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors, and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives.
Responsibilities. The Executive Director will:
- Ensure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of
Directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the board.
- Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization’s work.
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local
5. Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
6. Manages and Coordinates the HAL Burial Assistance Program.
- See that the board is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and all important
factors influencing it.
- Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals.
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and
- Represent the programs and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizations, and the
- Be responsible for the recruitment, employment, and release of all personnel
- Ensure that job descriptions are developed and that regular performance evaluations are held.
- See that an effective management team, with appropriate provision for succession, is in place.
- Maintain a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices.
- Work with the staff and Finance Committee, to see that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
- Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work.
- Jointly, with the president and secretary of the board of directors, conduct official correspondence of the organization, and jointly, with designated officers, execute legal documents.
- Complete and work on grant funding.
3-4 years of experience in related field
Experience in supervision
Experience working with diverse and multicultural populations
Strong organizational skills and adept at multi-tasking adeptness
Strong communications skills: written and public speaking
Excellent people skills including leadership, ability to work in a team environment
Proficient use of technology including computers, internet, social media
January 7, 2015
We hope you will take a moment to fill out our participant survey throughout the month of January. This survey is for ANYONE who has used any of our services including Facebook, Twitter, website, support groups, and even if you just read our newsletter! Results from this survey will allow us to transform our programs to better meet the needs of our members. Your feedback is invaluable! We thank you in advance and look forward to receiving your comments.
You can find a link to the survey here.
December 30, 2014
“We would not have made it this past year without the amazing support
of Hope After Loss.
We have never felt alone and that has helped us remember how to breathe again
and have hope for our future.
We thank you all from the bottom of our broken but healing hearts.”
~Hope After Loss member
In these last few days of 2014, we hope you will make a donation in support of Hope After Loss and our families, so that we may continue to provide free services and move forward to expand our programs around the state.
Be sure to let us know if your donation is being made in memory of a baby who is no longer here with us, as we would be honored to send an acknowledgement of your generosity to the family.
Wishing you all peace in the New Year.
With many thanks,
Interim Executive Director